Carl Waldmann has been a Consultant in ICM and Anaesthesia at the Royal Berkshire Hospital in Reading since joining as Director of ICU in 1986. Apart from his interests in the management of Head Injured patients in a DGH, the procurement and implementation of a Clinical Information System in ICU, his passion has been setting up and running an ICU follow-up clinic in Reading. From May 2007 to May 2009 he was President of the ICS, editor of Care of the Critically Ill and until 2004 the editor of JICS. Carl was also was Chair of the section of Technology Assessment and Health Informatics [TAHI] of the ESICM until 2008. He is a member of the PACT editorial board and editor of the Oxford Desk Reference Law and Ethics in Intensive Care textbook. Carl also has an interest in pre-hospital care and is club doctor for Leyton Orient FC.
- Obstetric critical Care on Maternity Critical Steering group OAA, AAGBI, ICS RCOG.
- Treasurer of the ESICM (European Society of Intensive Care medicine)
- Paediatric Critical Care in DGH setting, on PICS Council as co-opted member
- Editorial activity with JICS
- ICU Follow up and rehabilitation
- Health Informatics in Critical Care
- Sedation in Critical Care
- Health Technology Assessment
- Head Injury management in a DGH ICU setting