#DiscoverICM are a tweet series from intensivists exploring in a short punchy paragraph why they decided to discover this great specialty.
Career Stories and tweets
Intensive Care Medicine (ICM) is an exciting and dynamic specialty with the responsibility for caring for the most critically ill patients in hospital.
To capture what it's like to work in ICM at all stages we've collected stories from Foundation year doctors to Trainee and Consultant
Share your ICM story
Do you have a career story you'd like to share with us? If so we'd love to hear from you please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
ICM Trainees work across the entire spectrum of medical and surgical pathology providing a varied and robust working environment.
Below are accounts of the rewarding and exciting path ICM Trainees have taken.
- Dr Adrew Owen - Dual ICM and Anaesthesia Trainee in the W. Midlands
- Dr Leo Khoo - Dual ICM and Emergency Medicine trainee in Mersey
- Dr Kate Flavin - Dual ICM and Anaesthesia trainee in London
Whilst other medical specialties deal exclusively with specific organs or body systems, ICM encompasses the entire spectrum of medical and surgical pathology.
- Dr Goodall - ICM over 60
- Dr Jagannathan - ICM Consultant in the N.E
- Dr Duffy - Remote and rural working