The Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine is pleased to receive applications for Associate Membership. Please carefully read the eligibility criteria below and the information in the application form (which can be found at the bottom of this page) before applying. If you are not eligible for Associate Membership, please refer to our other membership routes.
To apply, you must:
a) be a doctor not eligible for Membership or any route of Fellowship. This could be doctors on temporary or locum contracts or doctors on SAS contracts not eligible for full Membership.
b) have a contracted clinical commitment to intensive care medicine in the UK.
Rights and privileges:
- use of the description ‘Associate Member of the Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine’;
- to attend, speak and vote at General Meetings of the Faculty;
- to vote in Faculty elections respective to any residential qualifications;
- to be appointed to Committees, Working Parties and other groups of the Faculty;
- to use the facilities of the RCoA buildings;
- to attend available Faculty events;
- to benefit from the arrangements organised by the Faculty for participating in Continuing Professional Development;
- to receive advice and guidance with regard to training and a career in intensive care medicine;
- to receive any publications and e-publications of the Faculty;
- eligible to sit the FFICM exam (if you meet all the eligibility criterias of the FFICM exam regulations).
Associate Membership applications must be accompanied by signatures from the Clinical Director (Appendix A) from the Trust at which applicants are currently employed. Applicants are also asked to provide a CV and personal portfolio evidence of CPD.
Subscription rates can be found here. Current Fellows and Members of the Royal College of Anaesthetists will have their subscription date (either April or October) alternated with their College subscription. All other applicants will have a subscription date dependent on when their application form is received.
Subscriptions last from the billing dates of April to April and October to October and are not time-limited depending on the financial year. As an example, a doctor who applies in February 2019 will be billed for Associate Membership in April 2019. They will not be billed again until April 2020.
If you have any problems or queries regarding your application please contact the Faculty at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click the links below for the Associate Membership application form, Equal Opportunities Monitoring form and accompanying Direct Debit instructions.
NB: The application form must be submitted electronically via email@example.com