Fellowship ad eundem is open to medical practitioners holding a substantive or honorary NHS or Defence Medical Services consultant post in the United Kingdom with a sessional or other contracted daytime clinical commitment to Intensive Care Medicine. Applicants must hold a Fellowship or other specialist qualification in intensive care medicine from an overseas body and be in good standing with that body. Applicants will be considered by the Board who have significantly furthered the interests of the Faculty and/or intensive care medicine. Applicants will normally be an Associate Fellow of the Faculty. For the definition of daytime clinical commitment, please see Appendix C in the application form below.
Rights and privileges
Fellows ad eundem confer the following rights and privileges:
- use of the post-nominal FFICM and the description 'Fellow of the Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine'.
- to attend, speak and vote at General Meetings of the Faculty
- to be nominated for election to membership of the Board
- to vote in Faculty elections respective to any residential qualifications
- to be appointed to Committees, Working Parties and other groups of the Faculty
- to be nominated by the Faculty under the auspices of the Royal College of Anaesthetists for appointment to any Advisory Appointment Committee
- to be appointed to a Court of Examiners
- to be appointed a Regional Advisor in Intensive Care Medicine or Faculty Tutor
- to use the facilities of the RCoA buildings
- to attend available Faculty events
- to benefit from the arrangements organised by the Faculty for participating in Continuing Professional Development
Subscription rates can be found here. Subscription dates will be dependent on when the applictaion form is received and will be taken in either April or October. Current Fellows and Members of the Royal College of Anaesthetists will have their subscription date (either April or October) alternated with their College subscription.
Subscriptions last from the billing dates of April to April and October to October and are not time limited depending on the financial year. As an example, a doctor who applies in February 2016 will be billed for Fellowship in April 2016. They will not be billed again until April 2017.
If you have any problems or queries regarding your application please contact the Faculty.
Please click the links below for the Fellowship ad eundem application form, Equal Opportunities Monitoring form and accompanying Direct Debit instructions.
Please Note: The application form must be submitted electronically via firstname.lastname@example.org
From Thursday 17 May 2018 the Faculty will not be accepting the old forms.