New FICM Pharmacist Membership route is now open!
We are pleased to announce that the new FICM Pharmacist Membership route is now open!
Critical Care Pharmacists are essential to the safe and effective running of critical care services, supporting patients and improving outcomes. They form a central part of the multi-professional team, optimising medication therapy, improving quality and safety by resolving errors and undertaking wider professional support activities. We are looking forward to strengthening links with our pharmacist colleagues.
Are you an established clinical pharmacist working to a minimum of Foundation Level* in critical care pharmacy?
If so, please click here to see download an application to become a FICM Pharmacist Member*.
Keep an eye out next week for details on how to also join the FICM Pharmacy Sub-Committee. The Pharmacy Sub Committee will begin its work in Autumn 2020; bringing together a strategic plan for both Pharmacy’s work streams within the Faculty and methods for Pharmacists to take a closer role in the Faculty’s other activities.
Benefits of FICM Pharmacist membership include:
- A Pharmacy Subcommittee to deliver a strategy for education, training and workforce service model for critical care pharmacists
- Pharmacy chair co-opted onto the FICM board, ensuring we have an effective forum where our voices can be heard in the planning and development of critical care provision and medication-related care
- Regular updates from the Pharmacy Subcommittee chair, keeping you informed of developments in critical care pharmacy and providing a setting for your input
- Information on upcoming education and training opportunities with partners including the UKCPA
- Ability to attend and speak at General Meetings of the Faculty
- Potential to be appointed to Committees, Working Parties, and other groups of the Faculty
- Access to use the facilities of the Royal College of Anaesthetists buildings
- Ability to attend available Faculty events
Submit your application today!
The current Pharmacist Membership rate is £110.
*See application form for membership criteria