Unit & ACCP Information
The Trust consists of 3 ITUs across 3 sites with ACCPs only at the Heartlands Hospital site. There are 8 ACCPs in total, 5 qualified and 3 in training providing 24/7 cover.
The MSc modules are provided by Warwick University who are also responsible for training A&E and Paramedic ANPs. Modules include:
- Transfer of the critically ill
- Non-medical prescribing
- Examination & History Taking
- Advanced Emergency Practice
- Critical Appraisal in Research
- Intra/extra hospital transfer of level 2 and 3 patients
- RSI under supervision
- Crash intubation intra arrest
- All invasive lines
- All other medical duties within critical care i.e. prescribing, rounds, review, MDT.
- ALS leadership and instruction
- Critical Care Outreach
Information provided by Gavin Denton