Supervised Learning Events (SLEs)
There are two ways of adding an SLE to your portfolio:
- Uploading an SLE as a Personal Activity
- Completing an SLE within the LLP
It is also possible for doctors on Dual Anaesthetics and ICM CCTs programmes to link an SLE to both curricula.
Uploading an SLE as a Personal Activity
You would use this option if you have completed an assessment in another portfolio and want to use it as evidence for the ICM curriculum.
There is no mechanism to electronically transfer an SLE to the ICM LLP from another ePortfolio. You will therefore, need to do the following:
- From the ‘New entry’ box on the homepage, select ‘Personal Activity’
- Complete the form, give it a title reflecting the natures of the form (e.g. Medicine DOPS, CBD, ACAT etc.) and select ‘Other’ from the activity type dropdown menu
- Add the date of the assessment as the start date, leave the end date blank
- Add the learning outcomes to map to the curriculum
- Upload the assessment by clicking on’ Add supporting document’
- There is an option to hide the assessment from your ESSR – the standard approach would be for it to be visible 6. Select ‘save changes and return to dashboard’.
Completing an SLE within the LLP
- From the ‘New entry’ box on the homepage, select ‘Supervised Learning Event’
- Select the assessment you want to complete
- Choose an assessor
- Add learning outcomes to map to the curriculum
- Complete the form
- If you can’t complete the form straight away, it can be saved for later amendments using the ‘save and return to dashboard’ button
- If the assessor is present, the form can be approved (unless they are a guest assessor) straight away by selecting ‘quick approval’
- If the assessor is not present or is a guest assessor, you must select the ‘send for approval’ button.