Opportunities exist for IMGs with backgrounds in Anaesthesia, Acute Internal Medicine and Emergency Medicine to apply for an ICM training post at ST3 level.
IMGs should be eligible for GMC registration and have a license to practice, right to work in the UK and must have demonstrable skills in written and spoken English, adequate to enable effective communication about medical topics with patients and colleagues, as assessed by the General Medical Council.
Requirements for candidates with an Anaesthetic background
- Passed all parts of Primary FRCA (MCQ, OSCE and Viva)
- Basic Level Equivalence form (BLE)/ Core Level Equivalence form (CLE), or Confirmation of Stage 1 Equivalence Certificate. To be used if you have not completed a UK core training programme but have all the required competencies by time of application.
Requirements for candidates with Acute Medicine background
- MRCP(UK) full diploma.
- Evidence of achievement of Core Medicine Competences at time of application. Acceptable evidence is only permitted via the standard Alternative Certificate of Core Competences.
Requirements for candidates with Emergency Medicine background
- MRCEM or FRCEM Intermediate by time of appointment.
- Evidence of 36 months training at ST/CT 1, 2 and 3 level in all of the specialties that make up the ACCS and CT3 Emergency Medicine training programme by the time of appointment but must include a minimum 6 months in EM and a minimum 3 months in all specialties other than EM. Supported by evidence from WPBAs of clinical performance ( DOPS, mini CEX, CBD, ACAT, ESLE), MSF or equivalent and ARCP.